this simple but grounding article on how worry warps your view of God.
-my freshly started prayer journal. watch out world.
-I love simple mornings spent diving into the Word like this [and I don’t care if this looks straight off a #basic Christian girl meme – HA! It’s a real thing!!].
- 2 Corinthians 1:20-22 is also my new favorite verse [especially in “The Message” version].
2 Corinthians 1: 20-22″ Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God’s Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.”
career + leadership
this list of 7 girl bosses sharing their leadership & entrepreneurial secrets.
this TED talk on the “power pose” — (because your body language shapes who you are). #truthbomb
the guiding principles of good management according to Julia Hartz (co-founder of eventbrite):
- Listen and absorb. Truly listening allows you to respond, and not react—there is a real difference.
- Create consistency with action (and make it a point to follow up).
- Walk the walk. Act on your values rather than just talk about them.
- Be brutally transparent, in good times and in bad.
- Trust your gut. When in doubt, your gut is a strong force and will usually guide you in the right direction
confidence: some proven strategies to help you up your game.
canva.com its basically a free, user-friendly photo shop with pre-designed templates to choose from. aka the best of all [design] worlds.
-my new resources//link love page that lists all of my favorite websites, blogs, etc. all in one-easy to access place. per my boyfriend’s suggestion, I also just started a feedly.com account for that same purpose and it’s awesome. It’s a newsfeed custom created [by you!] with the content and updates you actually want to see. A web-surfers dream come true.
–5 methods for getting more sleep more often. because who couldn’t use that?
–carbon 38. fitness fashion inspiration. seriously though. they’ve got some crazy unique designs.
–“connect group” + girl friends + #selfiestick group shots. [excuse the grainy photo quality :D]
-birthday gifts like these that keep on givin’ [well, maybe not the bubbly. love this kind though!]:
-learning how & when to say “no” [thanks to my big sister]. #jomo
food + drink
-bringing back an old fall favorite breakfast meal – egg white whipped oatmeal. sounds weird, tastes good.
-I had my first #PSL ok, I actually did it. I mayyyy have modified it with coconut milk & only 2 shots of the sweetener, but it was delicious. And I ate it with Duck Donuts. And it was all the more delicious.
-But thennn my boyfriend and I also decided to give up coffee for and indefinite amount of time [taking it day by day here people!]. So, I’ve been drinking TONS and I mean TONS of tea. My two favorites are chai and matcha green tea.
- I love this herbal chai for nighttime,
- cinnamon chai tea lattes for mornings (or loose leaf – it’s less sweet that way!),
- and the Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte from Starbucks [unsweetened, with coconut milk] when I need a pick-me-up. SWOON. It gives me the perfect amount of energy without the jitters like coffee. Ya’ll gotta trust me on this one and try it.
I mean I could keep going….
…but that’s enough for one week, eh?